I realize I haven't posted in forever. Mostly because the last time I tried to post pictures, I spent hours selecting and uploading them, and then the internet crashed and I was so sick of it all I put it aside for 8 months! I can't believe it's already August. Where did the time go? Ava started First Grade today, she loves her new teacher, Mrs. Boncek and has her best friend, Gabrielle, in class with her. However, they sit across the room from each other, so they arent' too thrilled about that!
Mitch is now the Chief Resident of Anesthesiology and has a lot more responsibilities. The last month and a half he's been at St. John's doing OB. He actually really likes it there (I think it's because there's less politicking and such). We're still trying to find a way to get back home to Great Falls, but so far, don't have anything in writing. The docs at St. John's said they were going to really miss him when he left them to go back to SLU. What a nice compliment! I told him maybe if we didnt' get an offer in MT, we could get a job there to tide us over until we got on in MT. I think he'd like it there way more than as an attending at SLU. Guess we'll see.
These photos are in chronological order, in case you thought the freak snow storm pics in April were totally out of order.... they aren't, that's just Montana for you!
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Long time
Ava in January
baby Emerson and Auntie Kate
the girls riding "Woody"... the arena brought back a lot of college memories
Ava's 6th birthday "Tea Party", with cupcakes and mini sandwiches. The little bud vases and flowers and hats were the take home goody.
The birthday party girls.
More Emerson... with cousin Amelea
Nani and a few of her grandkids, at least the Missouri ones.
Ava and her friend's, Gabrielle (on the left of Ava) and Grace (on Ava's right)
The freak Montana Spring snow storm. It snowed and blew so hard!
The trip home, we added 3500 miles to the new rig we bought in March. It was a much nicer rig to drive than the last one, and more reliable, too! (bonus)
Ava took this pic of Grandpa Les' tractor, I love all the colors and the angles.
Amelea and her daddy.
So many miles, they learned how to sleep really well.
4 generations
Helping dad move the play place that we built.
It was so cold, we built all the play house that we could inside the shop then Mitch and his bro moved it with the little bobcat.
family fun
moving heifers up the road on Wednesday, then they got out on Thursday when it snowed four feet and they walked over the top of the fences. Didn't find all of them until Saturday.
Mending fences is an ongoing chore.
The new rig, battling the snow.
Trying to get Isaac to pet Nani's horse. Uncle Billy is in foreground.
Papa and Ava rounding up the cattle Saturday morning.
The Neal branding day employs a calf table and electric irons.
Great Grandma Betty with Adalynn and Amelea
Papa Neal
The cousins all drug their chairs up to the second story and enjoyed the view from the top.
Amelea turned 4 and had a huge cousin birthday party at Grandma Wendy's.
Mitch gave all the kids our version of pony rides. Besides the blustery weather, it was really fun hanging with family and friends, since McKamey branding had been cancelled.
At the end of a long day, we had a big bash at the Smith River Hall for Uncle Joe's retirement from the Air National Guard.
Too funny
More pony rides, but this time I had to do the leading, which is just fine with me, because that means that this time I didn't break my ankle!
So handsome!
Ava's kindergarten graduation
Memorial Day at our backyard cemetery. The scouts all put mini flags on every single grave.
Some really cool pics I took when I was flying my dad's plane. He got me a flying lesson and it was SO COOL!
A tressel bridge outside of Highwood.
Our backyard cemetery in January. Sorry, this one is out of order.
So, Blogspot finally made it easy to upload multiple pictures. Maybe you'll see me on here more often!
Posted by The McKameys at 8:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey, it was fun to catch up! I really love the picture of Mitch and Amelia walking in from the field...you should doctor it up in photoshop (or my sister could do it for you) with texture and subdued color tones...then enlarge it and hang it on your wall. It would be awesome!
How's life going? Guess what? I'm the new Primary Pres here...I kept wondering if that was really why you never had time to post lately!
Hey, I always knew you guys were ranchers... but these pictures shed a whole new light on your lives back home. I love it! If you ever learn how to fly by yourself Kate you'll have to take me for a ride!
love the pics! can't believe how big your kiddos are! keepin our fingers crossed for you & that montana contract!
Post a Comment