Isaac: Mom, what's that black stuff? --- Me: It's mascara--- Isaac: To make you look scary?
Amelea: Amelea came upon a vinyl sticker that I had made a while back for my mom and dad's ranch, but haven't sent to them yet. She picked up the sticker and asked why I hadn't given it to Nani yet. I said, "I should get that in the mail so they can have it." She said, "No, no, we should give it to her." To which I replied that Nani lived a long ways away. Amelea starts walking away, with an impish look in her eyes, swaying her hips and pretending like she's driving, with her hands on a wheel and says, " well, we just have to drive and drive and drive and drive and drive and drive and then we'll get to Nani's house and you'll give it to her and she'll say,
'oh, how LOVELY'!"
Isaac: While watching a slideshow of pictures from our recent trip to Cancun, a picture of Papa came up, then a new picture came up. Once Papa had left the screen, Isaac started whaling, "I can't see Papa, Papa is gone! You lost Papa! Bring back Papa!"
Ava: Every day she seems to come up with another "when we move" statement. Today's: When we move, I want a drinking fountain in my room so I don't have to get a cup. Ummm, OK, princess!
After watching a Lysol commercial, Ava says, "You should get that." I say, "why?" She says, "because...." and trails off. Amelea takes her sippy cup out of her mouth and says, "kills germs." Apparently commercials work really well on three year olds!
Amelea while playing in a little wagon and I'm flat on my back on the couch with a strained muscle and a cold, " I hate Mommy." I decided that was a good enough reason to drag my butt off the couch and put her in time-out. After her 3 minute time-out, I explain that she may not be disrespectful to Mommy, or other people and say hate, etc. She screws up her face and thinks about it for awhile. Her lower lip juts out and she resolutely says, "I HATE..... big pause.... time-out!" Seems like she got it!
Ava to her new pediatrician: "your skin is brown." The pediatrician says that, yes, we all can have different skin colors. Ava says, "but your lips are the same color as mine."
Ava: Mom, I've changed my mind. I'm glad I'm a human,now. I like my legs. (As opposed to mermaid fins.)
Amelea: upon eating a Hot Tamale candy, she sticks it Ava's face and says, "Honey, it's hot!!!! Blow on it." She then decided she liked them anyway and ate the entire bag, not even sharing one with anyone else.
Amelea: "Daddy, you needa fik the stahr on the Kriffus tree."
Ask Amelea what her sister's name is and she'll say, "Honey." And her brother's name is either "Igis" or "Buddy-Boo." Mostly Buddy-Boo.
"It's "otter" time, it's "otter" time, the leaves are falling down. It's "otter" time..... Ava's version of an autumn song.
~~ When we were taking Brooke back to the airport, Ava is sound asleep, so Amelea was bored, talking to herself. Next thing we hear from the back is a very sweet, "Mom?" I sweetly replied back, "Yes, Amelea." "HONK!!!!" (she's in love with geese and their honking). This was Ami's version of a joke, and she pulled it off quite well.
Ava: Guess what! My mom is an old woman. Sierra: Guess what! My grandma is going to die.
~~Mom, we like Santa and Elmo and Jesus, huh?~~
Amelea's new words: KATE at the top of her lungs! Bumb-a-dee (bumblebee) Iyeek (Isaac) and Izee Bubaloon (balloon) And almost everything end in an "ee" (Blankee, juicee, Camee (cameron, our next door neighbor), cowee, myee, noee, etc.)
Ava calls my new instrument a pleeanio. Ava calls her nail polish "pol nail" and cannot be dissuaded that it is otherwise. We are also trying to get her to say "Pause" instead of "clause". She can say it slowly but as soon as she speeds it up it goes back to clause.
While driving Ava to her preschool, she says, "Mom, you should play with Amelea while I'm gone so she won't miss me." What a sweet kid!
~~~Mom, Amelea's smell is dying me!~~~
When driving down the road, Ava wanted to watch a movie, I told her to look outside for once and she didn't need to watch a movie every time we got in the car. I saw a Porta-Potty in the back of a truck and asked her if she knew what it was. With plenty of exasperation in her voice, she said, "yes, mom. You take it out of the truck, put it on the ground and go potty in it." Like, duh, mom don't you already know!
0 comments:
Post a Comment