So, we went to story time today at our local library branch. To start the day off, the car wouldn't start. I had spent all day yesterday charging the battery (because, yes, it was dead yest. and we didn't make it to gymnastics).
Anyway, today was a special library day: they had a puppet show and a dressed up doggy-mascot visiting. All the stories were about dogs and the kids should have loved it. Their attention was good for 1/2 of one story. Then, we were goners. Isaac started walking all over to all the kids around us. (Yes, that's walking... he's nine months old!) This made attention go to him: "oh, he's so little, etc," instead of the story-teller. Anyway, after stories and puppets, it was craft time. A milk-bone with ears and nose glued on and eyes drawn on. Should have been cute. Ava couldn't get the eyes drawn on and Amelea flipped out when I put glue on hers. I mean, like full-on two year old tantrum in the middle of the room, legs kicking and voice at top notch. Mostly, I just ignored her, but after 5 minutes, I'd decided enough was enough. Ava was upset that her dog's ears were "wrong" and still upset about the eyes. By, the way, where was Isaac? Oh, walking out the door checking out the throngs of people out in the hallway! So, I quickly grab him, tell Ava to chill out about her dog ears and grab Amelea up off the floor, kicking and screaming. Now, I've also got my big fat purse full of the library movies and books to return edging out Isaac's room on my hip, and the only place to put Ava's gluey doggie milk-bone. I finally get Amelea to calm down and realize that Isaac is licking the glue off of Ava's craft. ARGH. If it weren't for 4 year old feelings, that milk-bone would be in the trash. Turns out Amelea wanted to feed the dog bone to the big dog/mascot thing. Once we figured that out and she got to meet him, she was good.
I finally got everyone off to the book section quietly, with all shoes on and nothing foreign in their mouths. We picked out a few books, only knocked off a few movies from the shelves, and then I turn around. Amelea's eaten almost all of the dogbone, crumbles falling out of her mouth.
The car started, and we left the library with my car's jacked electrical system making the wipers, radio and lights go on and off, on and off, on and off. I am spending the rest of the day at home!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Library Day
Posted by The McKameys at 11:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Whew. I'm exhausted just reading that, so I can't imagine how you felt after going through that. You're amazing for sticking with it. I would of hauled the kids to the car and gone home. :)
I love it. So this is what I have to look forward to with three children. :) Bring it on. . .
Wow...what a day!
I remember one time I was having a day like that but I didn't handle it as well(when I still had just 2 kids). I ended up crying in the middle of the grocery store, I called Rob to come help take the kids home (I was lucky that he had just come home then) so I could just pay for the shopping without tantrums going all over the place.
lol. Oh, I miss you! I don't hear stories about those kinds of days from my friends here, yet. I guess we're still building a rapport. Oh, and I'm so glad I'm having a third child--won't that be FUNNNN!?!?
Post a Comment