Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I wonder

I sing a lot in the car, mainly to keep the kids entertained. I find that it lightens the mood and they love to join in. Mitch can attest to the fact that I can't remember words to songs and often make them up. Anyway, I am driving down the road going home and start singing, "I wonder when he comes again, will herald angels sing? Will earth be white with drifted snow, or will the world know spring?" Ava pipes up from the back... "ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT DADDY?" HaHa! Guess that tells you how much Daddy is around! Maybe he'll be around when it's spring....6 months from now!

6 comments:

Shanell said...

Too cute! Hope you can make it till spring!

Anonymous said...

hahaha! that's cute! too funny. kids say the darndest things, i hope you keep a journal of what they say!

The Wehrmeister's said...

I love it! I hope you get to see him more by spring. That would be nice.

Holly said...

I'm fairly certain my kids feel that way about daddy too.

Candice said...

sometimes we feel that way about our dad, too. :) Man, you have some cute kids. They all have such striking beautiful eyes.

Holly said...

I'm going to teach that one to the kids (well, Kai) to sing to Daddy. It's either that or "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home."